I was talking on the phone with a friend the other day about how if I can’t see it I’m not apt to be tempted by it. It being chocolate, cookies, and anything that makes up a picnic ant’s sugar-filled dream. I told her how I can usually just stick to one because I’m all disciplined like that. Then as soon as I got off the phone I lifted the tinfoil and peered down at the killer chocolate chip cookies I’d made. I blocked out the words I’d just professed and quickly consumed not one but two cookies.
It’s for this reason I’m offering a little game today. We all want to strive for good health, especially this time of year. So read questions 1-8 and guess away (then review the answers in small print at the bottom of this post. Wish I could write them upside down to make the game that much more authentic).
- Of the two which is considered a super food on Dr. Oz’s website because it “boasts more antioxidants than blueberries”: sweet potatoes or lettuce?
- Which is the only one not mentioned in the health.com article, “Finger Foods Under 80 Calories”: pink raspberry champagne, 2 Teriyaki shrimp skewers with pineapple, a granola bar, or 8 pitted green olives?
- At livestrong.com you can look up 20 anti-aging foods. Which of these is not included in this list: pistachios, Greek yogurt, coffee, corn, pretzels, spinach, or dark chocolate?
- According to this CBS news report, what is the healthiest fruit juice? Pineapple? Pear? Pomegranate?
- Which dried fruit is the healthiest for you?
- Shape magazine crafted a list of the five healthiest nuts. Which of these I’ve listed is not on it: pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, or walnuts?
- The time to run website provides 10 of the worst foods. All of these are on their list but one. Which isn’t considered one of the top ten worst foods according to time to run? Raw oysters, avocados, olestra, alcohol, or soda?
- The scientific name for this food is wolf peach, what is it?
Oh yes, there will be a prize for whoever guesses the most questions correctly (no cheating by visiting links before you guess or getting your answers from the small font…I’m trusting you on this). I will send the winner a massive Trader Joe’s almond chocolate bar. ;-)
Bonus question: What’s the goofy acronym the first letters of answers 1-8 spell?
What are you doing to be healthy this holiday season?
*photo by stock.XCHNG
1. sweet potatoes 2. a granola bar 3. pretzels 4. pomegranate 5. yes, grandma, it is prunes 6. pecans 7. avocados