I was talking on the phone with a friend the other day about how if I can’t see it I’m not apt to be tempted by it. It being chocolate, cookies, and anything that makes up a picnic ant’s sugar-filled dream. I told her how I can usually just stick to one because I’m all disciplined like that. Then as soon as I got off the phone I lifted the tinfoil and peered down at the killer chocolate chip cookies I’d made. I blocked out the words I’d just professed and quickly consumed not one but two cookies.
It’s for this reason I’m offering a little game today. We all want to strive for good health, especially this time of year. So read questions 1-8 and guess away (then review the answers in small print at the bottom of this post. Wish I could write them upside down to make the game that much more authentic).
- Of the two which is considered a super food on Dr. Oz’s website because it “boasts more antioxidants than blueberries”: sweet potatoes or lettuce?
- Which is the only one not mentioned in the health.com article, “Finger Foods Under 80 Calories”: pink raspberry champagne, 2 Teriyaki shrimp skewers with pineapple, a granola bar, or 8 pitted green olives?
- At livestrong.com you can look up 20 anti-aging foods. Which of these is not included in this list: pistachios, Greek yogurt, coffee, corn, pretzels, spinach, or dark chocolate?
- According to this CBS news report, what is the healthiest fruit juice? Pineapple? Pear? Pomegranate?
- Which dried fruit is the healthiest for you?
- Shape magazine crafted a list of the five healthiest nuts. Which of these I’ve listed is not on it: pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, or walnuts?
- The time to run website provides 10 of the worst foods. All of these are on their list but one. Which isn’t considered one of the top ten worst foods according to time to run? Raw oysters, avocados, olestra, alcohol, or soda?
- The scientific name for this food is wolf peach, what is it?
Oh yes, there will be a prize for whoever guesses the most questions correctly (no cheating by visiting links before you guess or getting your answers from the small font…I’m trusting you on this). I will send the winner a massive Trader Joe’s almond chocolate bar. ;-)
Bonus question: What’s the goofy acronym the first letters of answers 1-8 spell?
What are you doing to be healthy this holiday season?
*photo by stock.XCHNG
1. sweet potatoes 2. a granola bar 3. pretzels 4. pomegranate 5. yes, grandma, it is prunes 6. pecans 7. avocados
I've been eating healthier for the past month - no bread, no sugar, nothing that is heavily processed - and I feel great. I have more energy than I've had in years. I've learned that I can cure my sweet tooth with things like fruit and honey. I even add unsweetened cocoa powder to smoothies to get my chocolate fix. Yum!ReplyDelete
Honey rocks! I'm impressed with your choice diet. And just the word smoothies makes me want to check out what you've been eating. Thanks for inspiring me!Delete
Okay, I am definitely NOT the winner. I guessed wrong on several answers. Haha...I'm trying to eat healthier. Definitely something I need to try a little harder at, though. :)ReplyDelete
I'm like chipmunks or squirrels or one of those little guys that loads up then chills for a bit. This is my load up season. I put on the extra padding to stay warm. ;-)Delete
Hey, I got several of them right! But I didn't want to answer because I didn't want to be tempted by more chocolate. LOL. I really want to start eating better and working out again. My life has been a bit of a roller coaster lately. Why is that the easiest thing to quit doing?ReplyDelete
Proud of you for getting some right. I won't send you chocolate b/c I don't want to tempt you, but glad you played anyway!Delete
I love sweet potatoes! And now to learn they're healthy too - okay, not with all the sugar and butter and marshmellows like at Thanksgiving. :) But still.ReplyDelete
My sister-in-law made the best sweet potato dish at Thanksgiving. I inhaled, eh hem, ate so much of it.Delete
I got some right, not all. I thought for sure the champagne would be more calories! But granola bars make total sense. I knew sweet potatoes, avacados, but did not think about prunes. And I had no idea what a wolf peach was! Fun game!ReplyDelete
I probably would've eaten the whole plate of cookies, if that makes you feel any better. You have much more self-control than I! BUT, I did buy my favorite candy at the store the other day and the bag actually made it to Day 2 before it was completely consumed. That's a small victory for me. ;)
At this stage of the game it looks like you're the winner (Lindsay did well too but she's a no go for the chocolate). We'll see if anyone else throws their guesses on the table by the end of the night. If not, YOU get the chocolate. I'll need a reminder of your address if you want to shoot me an email. Btw what is your favorite candy?Delete
When you are thinking to find the best place where you can get all natural supplements or antioxidants for your health then you can visit canadian vitamin shop. Because from this place you can buy all the best and rich quality antioxidant just at a cheap price.ReplyDelete