In many ways reading a good book can be just as replenishing as taking a vacation.
Here are some similarities I’ve found between reading an enticing book and going on vacation:
* While reading a book, you meet people you might not ordinarily convene with.
* You learn about exotic and unusual locations and potentially new customs and social codes.
* Depending on the voice of the author, you might find yourself surrounded by a whole new way of speaking/communicating as you read.
* It’s easy to spend hours swept up in another world.
* Your brain feels satisfied and relaxed.
* You stay up later than usual, immersed in the newness and escape of it all.
* Routine worries and distractions fade into the distance.
How about you—booked a vacation recently?
photos by flickr