- The human head weighs 8lbs
- Horse heads make bad bedfellows
- Blue faces aren’t only for Smurfs
- Haphazardly eating escargot at fancy restaurants can be an endearing quality
- Upside spider kisses actually end up looking somewhat romantic
- Somebody is not a fan of wire hangers
- Paris will always be had
- There’s no place like home
- Wax on, wax off
- Love means never having to say you’re sorry (what?)
- Who Luke’s father is
- What James’ last name is
- Life is like a box of chocolates
- God will be the witness when she never goes hungry again
- Witches and aliens don’t like water
- Mrs. Robinson was a bit of a cougar
- Aliens busting out of the gut look eerily like a miniature olive-colored boxing glove
- Every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings
- Rose will never let go
- Captain Jack Sparrow’s been in the sun a little too long
- Some aliens like bike rides
- It didn’t stay Hakuna Matata forever—Simba chose to fight
- Some hobbits have unbelievable endurance
- Tatonka means buffalo in Sioux
- Maverick and Goose sometimes feel the need for speed
- Truman reaches the end of his “world” and keeps going
Have fun decrypting the above by revealing which movies these are from. What do you know thanks to the movies?
*photos by flickr
**Stop by to see what I wrote at Live Beautiful later today.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Things We Know Thanks to the Movies
We’ve begun the initial stages of settling in to our new home. Painting. Arranging furniture. Recycling boxes. While I feel incredibly...
Something happened yesterday that royally pissed me off. During an away game one of our soccer players fell to the ground injured. Immed...
I 8 book clubs. What does a group of women excited to discuss a book they’ve read and ready for good convo make? A mother of a goo...
In the midst of all that’s chaotic out there I’m thrilled to let you know my novel, The After Glimpse, releases in ONE week! Everyth...