- Life is Beautiful. Life is Cruel. ~ My mom's pastor told her this when she was young.
- Every morning pray about who God puts in your path. Pray specifically how you can show them God's love. ~ Mike Breaux (former pastor at the church where we lived in Lexington).
- Be careful what you watch on TV. Ask yourself if you'd invite the characters on the program into your home...essentially that is what you are doing. ~ Mike Breaux
- Have a sense of humor about sex. ~ My mother-in-law (of all people).
- If you are having difficulty understanding why someone would act or behave a certain way remind yourself that you don't know how you would act given the exact same set of circumstances. ~ Friend from our small group
- Learn to laugh at yourself. ~ Not sure where I got this one but it was too good not to write.
I'm sure I've heard and retained more advice than what's on this list but this is what came to mind this morning.
What's the best piece of advice you've received?