8 Things to Note about Water Givers
- We’d run even if they weren’t there, but because they are we’re encouraged and able to run farther than we would on our own.
- They replenish our supply. Sweat sheds so much needed water to keep the body hydrated. Water givers give a palpable resource on this journey. They equate to those who offer critiques or an agent or editor willing to take a risk on our work.
- They seem to be waiting at the perfect spots. I’m convinced I need to start writing some of my water giving moments down. On the exact day I feel like throwing in the towel, I’ll receive an email or a call from a trusted friend uplifting my work in some way. (Someday I’ll tell you about the dreams others have had on my behalf.) For now, I swallow the water and use it to keep me plowing ahead.
- Water givers reach out. We can choose to kindly accept.
- They might run with us a while.
- They wait for us at the end of the race.
- They don’t expect anything in return. (I pray I’m a water giver to others!)
- They act on their desire to see us succeed, even cooling us off if needed.
Thank the water givers in your life today. They are a huge reason why you’ve made it this far.
Thanks, water givers!
Anything you want to share about some of your water givers?
*photos by flickr