Keeping it simple on this I 8 Wednesday. If you’re not learning, you’re not livin’. There’s my new quote. Need a T-shirt brandishing those exact words.
Here’s what I’m learning:
- What life looks like in the waiting room. My manuscript generated interest. Exceptionally cool. So now I wait. God has been teaching me a lot about trust in this time. Love that I have a new novel brewing.
- Read this post by Courtney Fassler Walsh for my #2. Blew me away.
- How insanely in love I am with dogs. Already planning how we’ll afford number two next summer.
- How insanely masochistic it is to be part of the publishing industry. Did I mention the wait? (Sara Richardson writes about waiting on her cool blog, Hope to Life today.) And mine has been a puny wait so far. Laughable. A wee little wait. God laughs. I laugh. I hear you laughing. You can stop now.
- What it feels like to have a gay sister whom I love deeply.
- How much God desires my attention when about 100,000 things compete for it at any given moment.
- How to intentionally secure time with my husband and to exert heaping amounts of energy lovin’ into my children.
- What it’s like to live without a dad. How to break from the sadness this inspires and live joyfully because I’m alive and here for a reason. For a time.
What are you learning?
*photo by flickr
**Check out my article in Exemplify this month, When It Is Time to Heal from a Broken Relationship