On Monday I hosted author, Rachel Held Evans. She provided wonderful insights about how to handle memoir writing. I thought I’d air a little of my own laundry today. Key word: little.
You know the song, Ten Little Indians? One little…two little…three little…
Today I’m posting Ten Little Confessions:
- I’m obsessed with having soft hands. I apply hand lotion 2-3 dozen times a day.
- In the 1980’s, I had a poster of Corey Haim hanging on my wall. River Phoenix and Johnny Depp were up there too. Thank you Tiger Beat magazine.
- When my girls act up in the car I’ve been known to (on a rare occasion) turn the music up loud to drown out the noise (excellent coping skill and parenting, right?).
- I wear wool sweaters I owned in high school. They are still “stylish” and I find them too comfortable to part with.
- My first apartment consisted of a total of five pieces of furniture. (Come to think of it, it might have only been four.) I loved it.
- I saw Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch in concert. Yes, yes I did.
- I sing as well as a dying goose.
- Toys move to trip me in our house. I’m constantly bumping into things. My husband tries hard not to make faces, but I see him laugh every time. Every time.
- I can croak like a frog. Yes, yes I can.
- Still not sure why I do this, but as company is getting ready to leave I’ll ask an involved question. Jackets are on, door is open…out pops my random question.
Ah, that feels better. Anything little thing you want to confess?
*photos by flickr
**Happy Birthday to my little one. God is so good.