The main character in the book I’m reading, THE GOOD HOUSE by Ann Leary, claims she can telleverything she needs to know about someone by looking at their house. “I can walk through a house once and know more about its occupants than a psychiatrist could after a year of sessions,” admits Hildy Good.
I thought I’d have a little fun with this today. Who doesn’t like to psychoanalyze themselves every once in a while?
Here’s what a walk-through of my house at this moment says about me:
- Disinfectant wipes on both bathroom counters = Taking care of children with the flu all week.
- Sticky Note Central = I don’t use an app to remind me of things. I still love the old-fashioned way…posting sticky notes over every square inch of my house.
- Piles & Piles of books to be read, cards to be written, rapidly breeding clothes on my bedroom floor = I have priorities and cleaning my home until it’s spotless has never really made it to the top of my list.
- Christmas tree with both toilet paper roll decorations and beautiful dove ornaments = I have kids and I love them. I also like to try for a little class. Hence…a schizophrenic Christmas tree.
- Jackets hanging on just about every chair = We make ourselves at home and we’re in and out a lot. I also haven’t found a hook rack I like well enough to buy yet.
- Half-finished homemade Christmas presents in random places = I have good intentions, but my kids have the flu.
- Earrings and rings on the kitchen counter = When I’m home, I’m home and I take off all the trimmings the second I get in the door.
- A dog leash on my beside table = I still miss my dog terribly and I’m counting the days until we get a puppy.
- Dozens of apples & bananas on my dining room table = Did I mention my kids have the flu? (B.R.A.T. diet, anyone?)
- Candles in every room = Because I happen to believe candles make a home more homey.
- Dust bunnies, vacuum left out, dishes still to do = Again with the priorities and this week you can just call me Flo Night. (Wow, and yes, I’m lacking that much sleep).
- Painted furniture in almost every room = I like to DIY furniture and I’m not half bad at it. I’m half good.
- Books about writing and WIP (work in progress) notes in every room where I write = I spend a lot of time writing.
- Christmas cards spread out on my piano = I love my friends.
Wonder what would your house reveal about you?
*Congratulations to the five Goodreads Giveaway winners of my novella!
*After Christmas & in the New Year, I’m MOVING to Wednesdays! Thanks for reading!