Why I love what I do…
- I never get bored.
- I set my own schedule. I can write in the morning. I can write in the night. I can write on a mountain or while flying a kite. (Thanks Dr. Seuss. You were fun!)
- Writing enables me to grow intellectually as I research and create plots. Reading profusely = education. I’m like good Will Hunting. ;)
- I get to wordsmith or wordscythe and delight in the results. I’m a puppeteer planting characters on the page and playing origami with my words.
- Showing up does not require that I’m dressed in anything other than my pajamas.
- Often when people discover what I do we are led into a delicious conversation about books.
- It’s a wonderful excuse to over-caffeinate and frequent book stores.
- As I forge ahead in this industry I teach my children about endurance and discipline, all the while pouring passion into what I love.
*photos by flickr