This one is much harder to write. I’d slipped away from myself at this age. I’d say a lot of deeper personal things I won’t list, but here are some things I do feel at liberty to say.
- You’re extremely disciplined, but your discipline with running is a little overboard, Forest. There is such a thing as being addicted to exercise. And what’s with the picky eating? Sheesh, you love food!
- The summer you live in Hilton Head, you’ll run into someone who will mean more to you than you could ever imagine.
- You’ll drop at least fifteen of those pounds after a doctor runs tests and discovers your thyroid condition—Hashimoto’s disease (isn't that the hippo from Madagascar?). Crazy, huh?
- You are not chained to your past. There is much you still have to let go of. Some of your questions may not get answered in this lifetime. You’ll be more okay with this someday.
- Keep reading and diving into your studies. In under a year you’ll receive an honor that will blow you away. It will mean something special to you for the rest of your life.
- Stop giving your heart away. Guard that baby.
- You’re conscientious, responsible, studious, hard-working, etc. but for whom (of course if I'm saying it I probably wouldn't use the word "whom")? Who are you living for? God is still talking even though you are losing your commitment to listen and listen well.
- It saddens me to see you not living in the fullness of freedom you’ve been given. I’ll forgive you for this.
Sort of a heavier one this week. Guess I had a lot to learn (still do, btw).
What would you say to 20-year-old you?