Remember sitting cross-legged with a pillow in your lap, the smell of nail polish punctuating the air, your new favorite pajamas draped across your prepubescent body as you felt stirred and anxious anytime someone from the sleep-over would mention the game Truth or Dare?
I remember the above scenario and remember it well. I always chose Dare. The idea of being asked a question and knowing how lying for me was as unnatural as getting a bikini wax, I preferred to do the crazy and wacky stunts that preteen girls could invent with a surprising amount of creativity seasoned with cruelty.
Today I’m going to play TRUTH with you.
I’m going to tell you Five Truths (given, I still feel somewhat in control because no one is asking me anything specific and I can pick which things I decide to share…anyway…)
My Five Truths:
- I am highly skilled at catching bullfrogs.
- The nicest gift I ever received from someone I hardly knew was a box of spices when we first moved into our home about a year ago.
- The most spontaneous thing I’ve ever done is climb an abandoned building with some friends while in college (not recommended--not safe).
- I quite like myself after I treat myself to coffee. After hours of grocery shopping and downing a large iced hazelnut latte, I found myself throwing my toddler up in the air and covering her in kisses as we reached the car earlier this morning. Boy, coffee sure makes me nice.
- When I was fifteen everything about my life changed. I’ll leave you in suspense on this one because I’ll probably write about it in detail someday soon. Feel free to make guesses if you comment.
And now time for the DARE.
I DARE you to reveal one of your TRUTHS!
*photo from flickr